The Last Lecture Revisited
The Last Lecture Revisited
- "If you offer wisdom from a third party, it seems less arrogant and more acceptable"
- "Never make a decision until you have to"
- "Just because you are in the driver's seat, it doesn't mean you have to run people over"
- "When I complained my mother about how hard and awful the 'theory qualifier' test was", she leaned over, patted me on the arm and said, "We know just how you feel, honey. And remember, when your father was your age, he was fighting the Germans"
- "When you are screwing up and nobody says anything to you anymore, that means they have given up on you"
- "I don't believe in the no-win scenario"
- "The brick walls are there for a reason. They're not there to keep us out. The brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something"
- "What time does the park close?", Disney World workers are supposed to answer positively: "The park is OPEN until 8 pm"
- "The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough. They're there to stop the OTHER people"
- "Brick walls are there for a reason. They give us a chance to show how badly we want something"
- "No matter how bad the things are, you can always make things worse"
- "Time must be explicitly managed, like money"
- "You can always change your plan, but only if you have one"
- "Time is all you have. And you may find one day that you have less than you think"
- "Don't complain. Just work harder"
- "Treat the disease. Not the symptom"
- "Almost everybody has a good side. Just keep waiting. It will come out"
- "When it comes to men who are romantically interested in you, it's really simple. Just ignore everything they say and only pay attention to what they do"
- "If at first you don't succeed, try try..."
- "Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted"
- "When penguins are about to jump into water that might contain predators, somebody's got to be the first penguin... Be the first penguin"
- "Failure is not just acceptable, it's often essential"
- "Best shortcut is work hard"
- "A bad apology is worse than no apology"
- "If you want something bad enough, never give up"
- "Sometimes, all you have to do is ask"
He knew that he will live only for few months. He knew that his kids will miss him. He knew that he has to leave her to spend the rest of her life without him. And he gave his last lecture. You might have already listened to his lecture, but try to revisit it through his book "The Last Lecture - Randy Pausch" with more experiences...
Everybody's life will have lessons. Living itself is for the learning. Do you realize that we also might have few months or days or seconds to live?
" Whether you are terminally ill or eternally well... remember that your days are always numbered!" ~ KuyyoKuotes
Looking forward to the last lectures...